Tuesday, December 2, 2008

when is a cure a cure?

Well, I'm keeping going with my treatment, though a bit more haphazardly these days.

There is still a bit of a phimotic ring which causes a bit of tightness if I try and retract my foreskin completely during erection.

But I have no pain, no more tearing, can urinate completely normally and can function sexually like normal.

I am going to keep going to try and completely get rid of the phimotic ring and those weird bumps on the glans, and then hope they never come back, but I think that may take a few months.

But in summary, this treatment has worked for me. I went from painful erections, pain and tearing during sex and difficulty retracting my foreskin enough to have a clear path for urinating (and spraying all over the place) to normality. I have basically kept the foreskin retracted as much as possible, 24 hours. At night, I've applied a teaspoon of manuka honey all over the glans and phimotic ring, still retracted, and wrapped it in saran wrap (Glad wrap in New Zealand). During the day, I keep it totally dry. After showering, I dry it with a blow dryer (on cool) to get it all silky dry. I pull the foreskin back as much as I can a few times a day to stretch it. I don't do any other kind of stretching.

I don't wash it with soap - just shower gel once a day during showering. If I need to clean it after sex, I just rinse well with warm water (and blow dry again). Keeping it dry is essential to prevent secondary infections - a few of these started up on the lower shaft skin, because it gets all bunched up because of keeping the foreskin retracted all the time. Not using soap prevents infections/inflamations on the glans. This happened too, but quickly subsided when I realised what caused it.

So that's it. Obviously I'm not a doctor, and I don't recommend this as a treatment for anyone. I'm just putting it up on the internet for others to learn from. Always consult a medical professional, or two, or three for serious health issues.

5 comments:

bay-pisces said...

Hello fellow BXO victim,
I too have BXO and have recently made an effort to gather as much information as I could find on the internet about this horrid problem and find a cure of my own(I wont call it a disease as I think it is a symptom to what might be some sort of infection of the body due in part by ones genetics, diet, environment and nurture). I'm glad that your treatment is working out for you man. I'm only 20 and Ive never been able to fully retract my foreskin while erect, I actually first thought I had really tight foreskin about 2-3 years ago and sought for solutions on how to pull my head out. Usually when I masturbated I just stroked with my head covered, didn't think much of it, but I started to get worried when I tried to pull my head out and saw white spots on the tip of my foreskin. That's when I knew it wasn't just tight foreskin. Ever since I have been looking for alternative treatment to getting cut, because honestly, I love my foreskin even though I cant pull my head out while erect. Those pics you posted and blogs really helped me finally realize there is SOMEONE out there with the same exact problem, although I don't think you have the scarring/white dots around your phimotic ring as I do(I could actually SEE it and not just think the description was what i had). Anyway, Ive been pulling my foreskin back as much as possible and drying it out like you so I can let the inner foreskin breathe so it doesn't have any moisture to "feed" off of. Ive also been putting Hydrogen Peroxide around the phimotic ring and the whitish scarred tissue and Ive seen very good improvement In the past week. I have not had any sex or masturbated which is difficult at my age, but hopefully I can get this problem fixed. I am now looking into my diet and seeing if maybe I'm eating too much of something that causes this reaction because I also suffer from slight psoriasis on my arms and Ive had nail fungus for years as well. I really do believe its either an immune system related problem or some sort of living organism that thrives on something we give it (or something we don't give it enough of in the case of my toenail fungus, which thrives on moist dark environments with lack of Oxygen)I hope to figure out the cause and cure myself from the inside, because all tough making it go away on the surface might make you think its cured, There has to be some other factors that contributed to acquiring BXO. I have an appointment with the GP this week and hope he will be of some help, If not Its up to people like you and me to make this topic of more interest to the world because I think there are many more guys out there with this problem but embarrassed to talk to someone about it. I think I might make my own blog about my journey for a healthy foreskin/toenails/Health!!Hope everything works out for you and keep us posted....

ajay@joshi said...

same here, same problem, kindLy try dusting with powder CLOTRIMAZOLE, very.... very....very.... effective >>>>>for toe and bxo, GP VISIT IS FUTILE

bay-pisces said...

So i went to the GP and he told me that it isnt BXO. Im not too sure hes right, but im taking his opinion with caution. He said that they are pearly penile papules, which im not too sure about because those only form on the head of your penis...and i have them on my foreskin!!! Im thinking about getting a second opinion but in the mean time my condition has gotten WAYYY better! The bumps have gotten less noticeable and my stretching seems to be helping a lot...I keep my foreskin pulled back as often as i can(i'll go to the bathroom during classes and pull it back), and the overall look of my penis is looking great. Im putting hydrocortizone on it 3 times a day and keeping it pulled back. I havent tried pullin it back while erect because i want to wait a little bit longer before trying. Thanks for the advice and hope things are going well for ya too.....

Unknown said...

hello!
Im reading your blog, and it's very interesting. I have the same problems, i have this kind of phimosis and some white spots on my glans. Now, im trying with Matricaria recutita tea bath (for 15min/day). some of my red areas on my foreskin already dissapeared (4 days). If I have bxo will i have cancer?
Do you guys use any other treatements than what you mensioned? I really hope that the only problem that bxo can cause is phimosis and nothing more serious..
sorry for my english

good luck for everyone!

tko4sho said...

Fellas I'm wit ya all the way here. I too am what a female friend of mine called hooded. Needless to say I love my foreskin. I say its my portable....you know....anyways, I'm 44 now and never had a problem with it until now. Although I'm married I love to masturbate and love having the wife do me. Mind you she loathe the fact that I masturbate alone, why I do not know but as for the subject matter, lately I wake up in the mornings and my foreskin is dry and if I try and pull the skin over my gland it hurts and yes I over do it for reason that I get turned on (I am easily turned in with myself). Knowing its going to tear normally I do my ritual sitz bath immediately rincing the semen off and apply some BACTROBAN 2% and some 1% Hydrocortisone and that does the trick. needless to say it comes back so of anyone has a simpler solution or remedy please text 6013234217...Terry